Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Boosters.

Apparently life likes to get in the way of me blogging so it's been over a week now since I've posted. I started a post about Mothers Day weekend but alas it is lost in the wind and I can't remember what I was going to write anyway...

So, my short funny story for today is about our trip to the doctors for the Babes two month shots.

The doctor checked his length, his weights, his junk and then went to get the needles ready. While she doing that I gave the little Babe some Advil for the upcoming pain. (He is never going to trust the taste of grapes again :p) About two seconds into the first shot the screaming began, the poor little Babe. Then his second one in the other leg. A couple minutes after the second one the screaming subsided and I cleaned the blood spots and stuck the band-aids on. While I was getting him dressed the doctor realized that Momma was a year behind on her boosters... uh oh. Daddy says he'll take over dressing him and that I should get my booster. *Sigh* Ok. She goes and gets my needle and comes back. I make the ridiculous mistake of looking at the needle first and panicking a little. (Which is ridiculous because I dealt with so many needles taking blood while I was pregnant.) I look away and watch the Fiance dress the babe while she wipes my arm and before I could say warn me the needle was in and out. Everything seemed fine, she warned me my arm would be sore for a couple days but I told her I felt fine and had no pain. Just you wait. I woke up the next morning and I couldn't even touch my arm it was so hard and painful. Five days later my arm finally feels normal but it still has some pain when I lay on it. I suppose that's to be expected when they make you wait ten years between shots. You're body doesn't like change and that damned booster shot proves it.

Oh well, at least I'm protected against tetanus... and whatever the two other ones are in that 3 for 1.